Heart failure, also referred to as congestive heart failure (CHF), is what happens when your heart isn't pumping blood in and out like it should. This can cause fluid to build up in your lungs, which makes it hard to breathe and can affect your daily life.
By 2030, it's expected that the number of Americans suffering from heart failure will rise 46%1
There are steps you can take, such as changes to your diet and exercise routine, to stay in control and feel better. Studies show that adding daily remote monitoring, like 1-minute virtual check-ins with DailyDoctor, can also help you live longer.
More About Congestive Heart Failure
CHF can be brought on by complications from other conditions such as high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, and diabetes.
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in the legs and arms
- Weight gain
- Rapid heartbeat
- And others
DailyDoctor check-ins can help catch a change in your condition earlier, so you can get treatment from the comfort of home before needing a trip to the hospital.
Studies show 60% fewer repeat hospital visits due to complications with heart failure for patients who participated in remote monitoring. 2
CHF Treatment with DailyDoctor
Once you're signed up with DailyDoctor, we'll mail you a remote monitoring kit with everything you need to complete your daily check-ins.
Inside the kit, you'll find:
- Full details of your daily program
- Weight Scale
- Blood pressure monitor that will automatically transmit your blood pressure to your medical team for review.
- Symptom-ranking sheet
You can let us know if you prefer to communicate by web, text (SMS), or phone call each day.
What to Expect from Daily Check-Ins
- Each morning, you'll weigh yourself, take your blood pressure, and use the pulse-oximeter to measure your blood oxygen level (SpO2) and heart rate. Your information is then wirelessly transmitted to us.
- You'll rate your symptoms on a scale of zero to four. You can do this by web, text (SMS), or phone.
- A DailyDoctor physician will review your information and reach out the same day if they need to adjust your treatments or recommend additional medical care.
If we don’t hear from you, a DailyDoctor care coordinator will remind you to check in.
Stay in Control of Your Health
A chronic condition doesn't have to define your life. See if daily health monitoring can make the difference you're looking for.