If you or someone you love has chronic lung disease, also known as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD, you may know that it causes difficulty breathing and can make everyday activities more challenging.
COPD is on track to become the #1 cause of hospitalization in America.1
COPD is a progressive disease, which means it gets worse over time. The good news is the sooner your doctor understands changes in your day-to-day symptoms, the better care you can receive. Studies show 1-minute daily check-ins, like those offered through DailyDoctor, can reduce repeat ER and hospital visits for patients with COPD by as much as 50%.2
More About COPD
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease includes two main conditions: emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- Coughing with large amounts of mucus
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness
- And others
DailyDoctor check-ins can help catch a change in your condition earlier, so you can get treatment from the comfort of home before needing a trip to the hospital.
A 2017 study showed an improved survival rate of COPD patients with daily monitoring versus those without it.3
COPD Management with DailyDoctor
Once you're signed up with DailyDoctor, we'll mail you a remote monitoring kit with everything you need to complete your daily check-ins.
Inside the kit, you'll find:
- Full details of your daily program
- Symptom-ranking sheet
You can let us know if you prefer to communicate by web, text (SMS), or phone call each day.
What to Expect from Daily Check-Ins
- Each morning, you'll use the pulse-oximeter to measure your blood oxygen level (SpO2) and heart rate, and a blood pressure monitor to measure your blood pressure.
- You'll rate your symptoms, such as cough, mucus, and breathing difficulty, on a scale of zero to four. You can do this by web, text (SMS), or phone.
- A DailyDoctor physician will review your information and reach out the same day if they need to adjust your treatments or recommend additional medical care.
If we don’t hear from you, a DailyDoctor care coordinator will remind you to check in.
Take Back Control of Your COPD
A chronic condition doesn't have to define your life. See if daily health monitoring can make the difference you're looking for.
- Khakban A, et al. The Projected Epidemic of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Hospitalizations over the Next 15 Years. A Population-based Perspective. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017 Feb 1;195(3):287-291.
- Ho TW, et al; HINT Study Group. Effectiveness of Telemonitoring in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Taiwan-A Randomized Controlled Trial. Sci Rep. 2016 Mar 31;6:23797.
- Achelrod D, Schreyögg J, Stargardt T. Health-economic evaluation of home telemonitoring for COPD in Germany: evidence from a large population-based cohort. Eur J Health Econ. 2017;18(7):869-882